Like the rest of my teammates I also bought me a recycle project last year. Up untill last december I didn’t have a clue what to do with it.
As a member of a young group I personally need more time to cope with the rest of the fellows….. So here I am, posting my pics at last…
This is from where I started:
Basic twotone paintjob
I’m very satisfied with the result. Still got three bodies left to go 😛 So there will be more in the future
Bought this PS13 body secondhand last year (yup another recycle project), my plan was to make it a show body but it’s a little rough. So this will be the competition body till i finish my new body (Haven’t bought/received everything yet so it won’t be done in time ;))
How i received it:
After removing most of the decals and cleaning:
Decals still visible after removal 😛
I know Nissan never did this color combination but i only had these colors laying around 😛
Added some details and fixed the paint on the front bumper:
This is my temporary competitionshell for 2011. Its a secondhand body I bought from Owen that I have completely wrapped in two tone glitter vynil. This vynil is very stiff, so I had to do every panel seperatly. Still it has quite a few creases and not so very nice bits, but since its just a bash shell I don’t care.
I have removed all decals and the rear widefenders. I also removed all the tape and glue from the inside. Then I started wrapping it in the vynil. I have also added the usual detailing like wipers, mirrors, exhaust, hoodpins, FMIC and piping and panellines. The last thing I need to do are the front buckets and the spoiler (and maybe a cockpit set..). The spoiler has been made, but it hasn’t been painted and properly mounted yet.
This is one of the three ex-Owen shells that will be featured here soon
Because my Pro4 is my backup chassis i wanted a new esc for my Cyclone so i don’t need to switch the esc everytime i want/need to drift my Pro4.
So i bought a Hobbywing Justock (Here: Link). For it’s price it has some nice specs, sensor port, updatable firmware and it’s small.
Also i updated my chassis because i never liked the way the lipo’s are mounted on normal chassis. Used a spare cyclone lowerdeck that i had laying around and some parts from R2hobbies.
Only tested the new setup once at a battle (Not much driving time) and so far it felt the same as before.
Next step will be a countersteer setup 🙂