With only 11 days away from the next D1:10 round I realised I didn’t do a post about round 3. Well, here it is but its a short one.
On sunday May 29th the second round of the D1:10 2011 series took place at HFCC circuit at The Hague. The day started off early and like always with less sleep then needed but what we didn’t know then is that it would turn out to be the most succesfull day for TWS ever. The team was out in full force again with all 5 members competing and scoring very well.
Read more after the jump.
The 13th of February it was time for the first round of this years D1:10 Dutch national championship. RCdrift Events is running the D1:10 series since this year and they have been working to get new venues. The season immediatly started at one of those new venues. A huge greenhouse company from Made has opened their doors for us to drift in one of their sorting halls.
Well, this is not exactly part 3 as it isn’t about the same teambody. The original ideas for the teambody have been put on hold by me. I don’t want to spend a lot of money on a R2hobbies shell that will break the first time I hit something on the track. In the meantime I came up with an idea to make some bash bodies from old bodies we had laying around. The idea was simple, paint it cobalt green from the outside and put your own design on the hood. I went with the design that has been made by one of the Team Mulsanne drifters. Not very original, but it is f**king cool. Here’s the text and the pictures I’ve used on all the forums.
Its a 2nd hand HPI Toyota AE86 Trueno shell with half a RunFree kit. The previous owner lost the widefenders, sideskirts and spoilers. So the sideskirts and spoilers I’ve made myself and the widefenders came from another set I had laying around. He had cut the body horribly wrong, so the wheelwells are not as nice as they should be, neither are the bumpers. I’ve painted the shell from the outside. The puzzlepieces are all handpainted as are the lights. I’ve scratchbuild a GoPro camera from plasticcard to test out my Tenax ‘glue’. I’ve also fitted Yokomo wipers, Tamiya S15 mirrors, Tamiya 350Z buckets in the front bumper, HPI intercooler in Toyota colours (red/orange/yellow), custom licenseplates, driverset from my S15, Yokomo 12mm offset wheels, Carson exhaust and custom buckets in the popup and rear lights. It won me the Concours d’Elegance at our Dutch 1:10 drifting competition, the D1:10, for the first time. Never have I won with my super expensive and detailed builds, but with this quick recycle project that wasn’t even finished (it was missing the LEDs and buckets in the rear) I win. Pictures by Bart Stax / Rotary (forum nickname) / Dorigazo.nl
You can see more pictures of this car and of all the others here: